Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre. In this edition, we bring you a little Christmas treat from Stephen Leacock. It is our way of putting an extra peppermint stick in your stocking or hanging another ornament on your tree.
Mr. Leacock was one of the most famous comic writers of the early 1900s throughout the English-speaking world, and his humor heavily influenced vaudeville comedians, including Jack Benny, who was introduced to Leacock's work by Groucho Markx.
The writers of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre have shamelessly reused Leacock's work in several radio shows, and we will do so again in this episode. We merrily present a couple of his Christmas stories.
- Leacock: Jeff Martin
- John: Brad Buchanan
- Anna: Maggie Hanson
- William: Matt Davis
- Henry, Lawyer: Byron Scott
- Caroline: Joy Jackson
- Hoodoo McFiggins: Matt Davis
- Hoodoo's mother: Joy Jackson
- Narrator: Darren Hellwege
- Script Adaptation: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Post-production: Amy Humphrey and Joe Hayes
- Podcast publishing: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Friday, Dec. 26. Tune in to KBIA every Friday at 6:30 p.m. to hear more from the Maplewood Barn Radio Players. You can find our full season lineup on maplewoodbarn.com.