During the Easter egg hunt my two-year-old grandson announced that he had found a rooster egg. This got me thinking: What are some fascinating but unlikely occurrences in the political world? With the help of family and friends, here are some possibilities, and feel free to add to the list:
· Melania Trump opens a new campaign for children called Be Average.
· Michelle Obama stars in a MacDonald’s ad eating a Big Mac, large fries and a strawberry shake.
· Rachel Maddow hosts a new show on Fox called The Donald Is My Guy.
· Sean Hannity hosts a new show on MSNBC called Trump Is an Imbecile.
· Rachel and Sean cohost a new show on PBS called New America Comin’ Atcha.
· Eric Greitens emerges from seclusion as the new owner of a gym equipment company.
· President Trump and New York Governor Cuomo spend a day together playing golf.
· Vice President Pence shows a facial expression.
· An unemployed Gen Z-er votes for Joe Biden.
· Alabama Democratic Senator Doug Jones makes gun control and abortion rights the central planks of his reelection campaign.
· Nancy Pelosi chairs a new federal task force on voter fraud.
· Governor Parson leaves politics to become minister of a church in the Ozarks and is thereafter Parson Parson.
· Jared Kushner donates all his wealth to a Palestinian rights advocacy group and becomes a Franciscan monk, taking a vow of poverty.
· Senator Bernie Sanders gets a buzz cut.
· Carl Edwards announces a run for Missouri governor.
· Hillary Clinton vows never again to do a media interview and starts a line of high-fashion clothing.
· Don Denkenger gets the call right in the sixth game of the 1985 World Series – no, wait: That’s not unlikely – that’s alternative history. Which reminds me of an encounter I had with a Royals season-ticket holder shortly after the Cardinals won the 2011 World Series. I was feeling pretty good and reminded him that the Cardinals should have one more title. He asked me: “What’s the difference between a Cardinals fan and a puppy?” When I told him I didn’t know he said: “Eventually the puppy stops whining.”