Maplewood Barn is celebrating William Shakespeare. His 450th birthday was this year, and this episode of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre is in his honor.
In this performance, we bring you George Bernad Shaw's "The Dark Lady of the Sonnets," a Shakespearian parody. Shaw wrote it in 1910 to encourage the English royal house to build a national theatre, where his plays could be performed. You will find Shaw's plea embedded in the heart of this delightful little story.
- Shakespeare: Matt Davis
- Queen Elizabeth: Shawnda Salazar
- The Dark Lady: Joy Jackson
- The Warder: Matt Baker
- Script adaptation: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey and Joe Hayes
- Podcast publishing: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Friday, Sept. 26. Tune in to KBIa 91.3 FM at 6:30 p.m. every Friday to hear more from the Maplewood Barn Radio Players. Get the full season schedule at maplewoodbarn.com.