Segment 1: Generational differences in responding to climate change are complex.
Last week's climate strikes in Kansas City were organized by a young Kansas Citian who left the film industry and moved halfway across the country to take on this fight. His story represents a differing sense of urgency around climate change, but more than that, too.
- Michael Wolfe, Press Coordinator and Kansas Policy Advisor, Sunrise Movement Kansas City
- Matthew Ballew, postdoctoral associate, Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
- Stu Shafer, Johnson County Community College
Segment 2: A look at the uptick in commutes of 90 minutes or more for work.
Data collected by apartmentlist.com has shown a sharp increase in the number of super-commuters in the United States. That is, people commuting 90 minutes or more for work, one way. That information's been organized into a county-by-county map. What's the snapshot it captures of life in our region?
- Karen Clawson, manager, Air Quality and Rideshare Program at the Mid-America Regional Council
- Theresa Heckenlively, economic developer, St Clair County Missouri