Americans spend an average of 90,000 hours at work in a lifetime. So what we do at work isn't separate from life. It is life. At a recent event hosted by Central Standard, people gathered to tell true stories from life on the job. We're sharing a few of those stories with you here.
- Daniel Wolff, author, Grown-Up Anger: The Connected Mysteries of Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie and the Calumet Massacre of 1913
- David Lopez, general manager, Manny's Mexican Restaurant of Kansas City
- Quinton Lucas, mayor, Kansas City, Missouri
- Martika Daniels, self-employed circus performer
- Eric Borden, construction worker and poet, The Pasture Poet