Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre. In keeping with our goal of bringing an eclectic array of material to this show, this episode features a pulp fiction classic: "Gorilla Girl," by Charlton L. Edholm. It was first published in a periodical called “Gun Molls Magazine” in 1930, and retains much of the flavor of that time, when Bonnie and Clyde were still fresh news, and Capone was running the rackets.
True to the pulp tradition, the story is full of slang from the period, which adds to the ambiance of the tale. Now sit back, relax and enjoy this Maplewood Barn audio adaptation of the pulp fiction tale, “Gorilla Girl.”
- Cora: Amy Humphrey
- Skeeters: Joe Hayes
- Artie, several other male roles: Darren Hellwege
- Chubb and Rixey: Terry Yates
- Dutchy and Danny: Joe Bogue
- Sparkler Maxie and Captain: Byron Scott
- Narrator: Brad Buchanan
- Original author: Charlton L. Edholm
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Adaptation for radio: Dave Collins and Brad Buchanan
- Post-production: Amy Humphrey and Joe Hayes
- Podcast publishing: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Friday, Jan 23. Tune in to KBIA every Friday at 6:30 p.m. to hear more from the Maplewood Barn Radio Players, or listen to our archives right here on KBIA.org. You can find our full season lineup on maplewoodbarn.com.