Radio Play: "The Rival Ghosts"
Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre. In this episode, we bring you a story by Brander Matthews called, "The Rival Ghosts."
Although he is hardly remembered today, Brander Matthews was the first full-time professor of dramatic literature in an American university, and he was largely responsible for establishing the theatrical arts as a topic worthy of formal study in academic institutions.
He was the author of more than 30 books, most of which are undistinguished and long forgotten. But theatre students owe him a debt of gratitude for making their discipline part of America's eduational curriculum.
And now, in honor of Brander Matthews, we present "The Rival Ghosts."
- Larry: Matt Baker
- Babe and Kitty: Val Davis
- Duchess and female ghosts: Angela Lechtenberg
- Eliphalet and brother: Robert Klick
- Messenger, soldier, and male ghost: Darren Hellwege
- Narrator: Brad Buchanan
- Original author: Brander Matthews
- Script adaptation: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Post-production: Amy Humphrey and Joe Hayes
- Podcast posting: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Friday, Jan 30. Tune in to KBIA every Friday at 6:30 p.m. to hear more from the Maplewood Barn Radio Players, or listen to our archives right here on KBIA.org. You can find our full season lineup on maplewoodbarn.com.