Seg. 1: Gay Softball | Seg. 2: First Fridays
Segment 1: The Gay Softball World Series comes to Kansas City.
As the Gay Softball World Series gets under way here in town, the Kansas City Royals host their first ever official Pide Night at the K.
- Scott Switzer, Executive Director, Gay Softball World Series 2019
- Rick Leavitt, founder of a gay softball team and league in Florida 25 years ago, now a Kansas Citian
Segment 2: First Friday has lost its festival license. Now what?
In the aftermath of a lethal shooting at First Fridays in August, the event has lost insurance to cover street events. Until that's resolved, the streets can't be closed off for food vendors, street performances and pedestrian traffic (galleries and business will still open as usual). But are there deeper tensions around what people want the citywide art party to be going forward?
- Jeff Owens, Crossroads Community Association
- Steve Paul, former arts and entertainment editor, The Kansas City Star
- AY Young, musician and street performer
- Lisa Lala, painter, represented by Blue Gallery in the Crossroads
Copyright 2021 KCUR 89.3. To see more, visit KCUR 89.3.