Segment 1: The City Market, then and now.
The City Market continues to provide local produce to individuals and nearby businesses in Kansas City, but even those businesses have changed dramatically in the last decade. We go to Estelle’s Diner to see these changes firsthand, and talk with a historian about the stories behind them.
- Andrea Broomfield, author, Kansas City: A Food Biography
- Charles Ferruzza, food writer and critic.
- George Cascone, former owner, Cascone’s Grill
Segment 2, beginning at 18:30: The best salads in Kansas City.
Salads don't have to be forms of deprivation; in fact, they can be the perfect way to enjoy the bounty of summer. The food critics join us to recommend the freshest and most delightful salads around town, and they also have a few tips for the home chef.
- Jenny Vergara, contributing editor, Feast Magazine
- Carlton Logan, KCfoodguys
- Mary Bloch, food blogger, Around the Block KC