Seg. 1: Foster Care & Jobs | Seg. 2: Direct Primary Care
Segment 1: A developing program in Missouri would help foster youth find gainful employment.
Youth in the foster care program who are not placed with a permanent family face disproportionate levels of unemployment and homelessness. FosterAdopt Connect's new program helps pair young adults with hiring businesses, and ensures employers are prepared for the employees' unique needs associated with growing up in the foster care system.
- Lori Ross, founder, CEO and president of FosterAdopt Connect
- Tobey Wilkerson, foster parent and former foster care youth
Segment 2, beginning at 23:10: Direct Primary Care provides access to your primary care doctor without using insurance.
Dan Hobart is able to see a physician at an affordable cost, thanks to Direct Primary Care. This growing trend in healthcare is allowing patients to pay a membership fee in exchange for unlimited, routine visits with a primary care physician. Doctors fed up with the healthcare industry say they're okay with making less in order to better serve patients and practice medicine more freely.
- Dr. Allison Edwards, founder and primary care physician Kansas City Direct Primary Care
- Dr. Jennifer Smith, founder and primary care physician Accomplished Health and Wellness
- Dan Hobart, self-employed attorney and patient with Kansas City Direct Primary Care
Copyright 2021 KCUR 89.3. To see more, visit KCUR 89.3.