Seg. 1: Coronavirus Medical Questions | Seg. 2: Economic Impact Of Coronavirus
Segment 1: Answering your medical questions about coronavirus
The spread of coronavirus has monopolized the world’s attention and people have a lot of questions, understandably. Today, two medical experts look to answer them, and clear up some of the panic.
- Dr. Stephanie Boyd, infectious disease specialist at St. Luke's
- Dr. Wael Mourad, chief health officer at the Health Partnership Clinic
Segment 2, beginning at 30:27: How coronavirus could impact the Kansas City economy
Despite the growing number of businesses around the world adjusting to quarantine and self-isolation practices, the Kansas City area should be relatively safe from severe economic impact, according to one economist, who also warned that the United States currently doesn't have the extra funds to divert to dealing with this virus.
- Jerry Baber, chief operating officer of Union Station
- Bill Koehler, president and CEO of FCI Advisors
- Michael Stillern, economics professor at Rockhurst University
Copyright 2021 KCUR 89.3. To see more, visit KCUR 89.3.