Segment 1: Missouri is home to choice wild edible fall mushrooms.
A hunt for wild mushrooms at Burr Oak Woods launches a conversation about foraging Missouri mushrooms. Then, a James Beard Award-winning chef offers mushroom-cooking expertise for the home cook.
- Alix Daniel, Missouri Department of Conservation and the Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Mycological Society
- Brittany Martinez, founder, Kansas City Chapter of the Missouri Mycological Society
- Gerard Craft, executive chef, Niche Food Group based in St. Louis
Segment 2, beginning at 24:13: The food critics help us find the best rice dishes on Kansas City menus.
Paella, biryani, dirty rice and bibimbap. The key ingredient in all these dishes, from cuisines around the world, is rice. Whether it's carmelized and crispy or soft and soupy, a hot bowl of rice with something savory is the perfect cold-weather meal.
- Bonjwing Lee, food photographer, ulterior epicure
- Jenny Vergara, contributing editor, Feast Magazine
- Danielle Lehman, host, Open Belly Podcast