Seg. 1: Lead Abatement | Seg. 2: Coronavirus In KC
Segment 1: Inequality in the story of lead contamination and lead removal.
Homes in Kansas City's oldest and one-time affluent neighborhoods are now lived in by people without the resources to remove the lead paint commonly used before its dangers were known. Plus, how the rise and fall of lead mining has affected a part of Missouri known as the Lead Belt.
- Benjamin Hoste, artist/photographer, Life in Missouri's Fading Old Lead Belt
- Amy Roberts, program manager, Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention/Healthy Homes Program
Segment 2: Coronavirus cases have been announced in the Kansas City metro; here's what they mean.
Kansas health officials recently announced a "presumptive positive" case of coronavirus in Johnson County and Missouri confirmed its first case in St. Louis County. We knew it was inevitable, but now that it's here: what should we do now?
- Alex Smith, health reporter, KCUR
- Mary Beverly, interim director, Johnson County Health Department
- Anthony Fehr, assistant professor and corona virologist, University of Kansas
Copyright 2021 KCUR 89.3. To see more, visit KCUR 89.3.